Come and join Caroline for another fun and fulfilling workshop of acrylic painting. Learn a range of mark-making using brush and palette, find out which colours work well – including some surprising ones – it’s time to get experimental! This day is about having fun, gaining confidence in your abilities and learning some new skills. It’s perfect for everyone from complete beginners to experienced artists.
10am to 4pm. $155 (price includes 10x12 inch ready primed, stretched canvas) with Warrnambool School of Art. Only 12 places so book early to avoid missing out!
What you will learn:
- How to mix various colours and use them across the canvas to create unity and vivacity
- How to use a palette knife to create impressionist effect
- The importance of lights, darks and contrasts
- How Caroline paints coastal scenes
You will receive lots of individual attention so your class experience can be tailored to your wishes.
- Inspiring photos of the local seascape, sunsets and sunrises (but please feel free to bring a photo from home to work on too)
- Water jars, palettes
- Tea and coffee plus morning tea
Please bring the following materials or request a materials pack*.
- A palette knife (optional)
- Paints, preferably the following colours from Matisse Flow:
- Prussian blue
- Light red
- Yellow mid
- Titanium white
- Carbon black
- Cobalt blue or Australian sky blue
*The materials pack includes brushes and a palette knife to take home, plus paints for use on the day. It is an additional $25.
“Managing acrylics with Caroline was so much easier than my previous experiences. Thank you.”
“An enjoyable day and total escape.”
“Caroline is friendly and approachable and gave us plenty of one on one time as needed.” - Phoebe
Caroline Healey is a landscape painter who has settled in Warrnambool, inspired by the dramatic and vibrant coastline. She has become well known for her colourful paintings of the local landscape, which sell in the town’s galleries, cafes, restaurants and markets. Her work can be seen at www.carolinehealeyart.com